Using Bluetooth Probes
Safe Food Pro is compatible with a few Bluetooth Thermometers. See below to see what thermometers and how to set these up!
In this Article
Compatible with the Bluetooth Temperature Probe:
- TempTest Blue.
- RayTemp Blue.
Setting up your Form
- Login to Administration Console (Computer).
- Go to Forms.
- Either alter an existing form or create a custom form.
- Add a new Question.
- Change the answer type to Bluetooth Temperature Reading(s).
- Select the Food Item you will be checking - or you can select all e.g. if this form is just a poultry check you can select poultry. If this form will be used for multiple different food checks then you can select all.
- Turn the toggle on to use warnings & limits. Select the temperature limits and warnings you want.
Setting up Food Items
When taking the temperature of your Food you will need to select a Food Item. To pre-enter your food item:
- Login to Safe Food Pro Administration Console (Computer/Laptop).
- Go to Resources.
- Click Food Items.
- Click the Green Plus Button.
- Add each food item individually that you will check with the thermometer.
Using Bluetooth Thermometer
- Once you've added your food items and have set up your form, open your Safe Food Pro app.
- Make sure your Device's Bluetooth is turned on and the thermometer is turned on.
- Open the relevant form and click on the temperature question.
- Your device will start scanning for the nearest temperature thermometer (if there are multiple in the area it will bring up a list and you'll simply select the one you need to use).
- If you have selected all food items, then you will need to select what food item you are testing.
- Your thermometer will start reading, click the button on your Thermometer to select the reading.
- Click manual reading if you want to add in a manual temperature reading.
- You can select or deselect any temperature recording taken by clicking them. If they are selected they will show green in the list with a tick.
- SAVE your form as normal.
Quick Tip: If you use multiple Bluetooth Thermometers, tape the serial number on the front of each thermometer so it's super clear which is which.